To begin the Application Process, follow instructions below:
PDF: Fill out the Texas State Notary Application (PDF), forms and then mail them to us for processing! For Online order payment, please include a note with submission.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download this for free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Signature should match “Name to be used as Notary…” Forms must be mailed for E-FILING!
In fact, our key staff personnel helped craft legislation which, through use of Official Seals that are required to contain the commissioned name and expiration date of the Notary, now protects Notaries from claims of fraud. Furthermore, this legislation required the State to provide educational materials to Notaries along with their commission certificates. Many of our collective efforts have had the net effect of increasing public awareness of the important role that Notaries serve in today’s society, enhancing the overall professional stature of Notaries Public in Texas today!
EFFECTIVE: SEPTEMBER 1, 1995
Section 406.024, Texas Government Code, provides that:
(a) A notary public or its employer may charge the following fees:
(1) for protesting a bill or note for nonacceptance or nonpayment, register and seal, a fee of $4;
(2) for each notice of protest, a fee of $1;
(3) for protesting in all other cases, a fee of $4;
(4) for certificate and seal to a protest, a fee of $4;
(5) for taking the acknowledgment or proof of a deed or other instrument in writing, for registration, including certificate and seal, a fee of $6 for the first signature and $1 for each additional signature;
(6) for administering an oath or affirmation with certificate and seal, a fee of $6;
(7) for a certificate under seal not otherwise provided for, a fee of $6;
(8) for a copy of record or paper in the notary public’s office, a fee of 50 cents for each page;
(9) for taking the deposition of a witness, 50 cents for each 100 words;
(10) for swearing a witness to a deposition, certificate, seal, and other business connected with taking the deposition, a fee of $6;
(11) for a notarial act not provided for, a fee of $6.
F. Henry Garcia, President
TEXAS STATE NOTARY BUREAU
TEXAS NOTARY SERVICE CENTER ™
4107 South 1st Street
Austin, Texas 78745